Re: Vacuum jar rotary spark gap / thyratron (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 06:29:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: Timka <tomasdoc2002@xxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Vacuum jar rotary spark gap / thyratron (fwd)

Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 04:22:59 +0000
From: David Rieben
To: Tesla list
Cc: drieben@xxxxxxxxxxx

Tim,

I hate to shoot your idea down in flames but that sounds like a
very expensive, bulky and dangerous setup. You would have to
worry about the x-rays ionizing more than just the SG space, too,
like your flesh, for instance! It sounds about as practical as using an
elephant to transport a bale of hay - one straw at a time! Anyway,
Like Gary said, something is amiss if your SG is making more noise
than your output streamers. It would actually be more practical to
sound proof your garage/shop area than what you're proposing.

David Rieben

  Yep, I agree. Actually this was just an idea, one of the possibilities. The X-ray ionization chamber might not be the best approach after all, it is surely would be an interesting device, unfortunately not suitable as the residential garage installation.
  The first thing that came to my mind was to do it at regardless of any cost just for the sake of doing the project. However, on the second though the cost benefit calculated is sort of too low and most likely suitable only for properly equipped laboratories that want to investigate under above mentioned conditions spark gap ionization phenomena in details. Look like I better stick to thyratrons.

  Many thanks for your feed back!

  Tim