Re: Vacuum jar rotary spark gap / thyratron (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 04:22:59 +0000
From: David Rieben <drieben@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: drieben@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Vacuum jar rotary spark gap / thyratron (fwd)

Tim,

I hate to shoot your idea down in flames but that sounds like a
very expensive, bulky and dangerous setup. You would have to
worry about the x-rays ionizing more than just the SG space, too,
like your flesh, for instance! It sounds about as practical as using an
elephant to transport a bale of hay - one straw at a time! Anyway,
Like Gary said, something is amiss if your SG is making more noise
than your output streamers. It would actually be more practical to
sound proof your garage/shop area than what you're proposing.

David Rieben