Re: first post (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 13:00:10 -0500
From: Crispy <crispy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: first post (fwd)

Hmm, by my calculations, you'd only need 7 per string.  The caps are
rated at 150nF, 2kV each, if I recall.  9000Vrms is about 12730V peak.
Divided by 2000V per cap and rounded up comes to 7 caps per string.
This alone is more than the 15nF you want.  If you want exactly 15nF,
you can use one string of 10, and have a healthy voltage margin as well.
On ebay, the ebay store TeslaStuff sells lots of 12 of these caps for
under $50.

Hope this helps,
Chris