Re: vacuum tube construction. (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 22:04:42 -0400
From: khalil@xxxxxxxx
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: vacuum tube construction. (fwd)

Quoting Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>:

> [...]
It would be of hard (if not nearly impossible) to build a high powered vacuum
tube. Where would you get the filament and if you wanted a cathode what would
it be made of to emit enough electrons to be practical? How would you make the
grid acuratly enough to work properly? I was just thinking it would be
too hard
and time consuming to try to build your own and it's just better to buy one.