Re: Grounding (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 15:17:35 -0700
From: Barton B. Anderson <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Grounding (fwd)

Hi Chris,

What seems to kill NST's are voltages greater than the internal hv
windings can handle. Most NST deaths show a burned out shorted turn or
two on the outer layers nowhere near the core. Now, if an NST drew too
much current, a primary connection can suffer as I found out recently
(not a common problem). I personally ground the NST to RF ground simply
to keep the spikes off of mains ground. If your going to connect the
case to mains ground, a filter is a good idea.

Take care,
Bart