RE: Why am I getting small sparks? Am I underpowered? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 19:09:17 -0400
From: Rich Winders <rwinders_3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Why am I getting small sparks? Am I underpowered? (fwd)

Trevor,

ok so basically every one that has replyed to you is right. when you open
your spark gap more you then let more of charge build up in your tank
cap before the charge can discharge across the spark gap. but since your
using salt water beer capacitors. your are not able to efficently charge
to a high enough level to spark across a bigger spark gap due to corna
brake down in the bottle. aka ... you either need more beer caps
to evenely spread out the higher charge,  or maybe a proper cap from ebay
or an MMC... but if u wanted to use the same kinda maybe try using wine
bottles if you got them or look into using other matterials or methods.

good luck.. be carful dont let the caps discharge to much in the bottle
thats how i blew my first NST

Rich w