Re: question about NSTs (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 15:26:30 -0700
From: Ed Phillips <evp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: question about NSTs (fwd)

Hi everyone, this is Matthew Boddicker.

When putting NSTs in parallel to increase my input, does it matter if they
have the same properties, i.e. output voltage and current? Thanks.

Matthew Boddicker"

     Not necessarily.  It two transformers of different voltages are connected in parallel (correct phasing of course) in the unloaded condition current will flow from the higher voltage unit into the lower voltage one.  When the load is such that the voltage under load is less than the voltage of the one with lower voltage both will feed current into it.  I've paralled a 12 kV 60 ma and a 9 kV 60 ma quite successfully.

Ed