Bipolar coil question (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 11:12:51 -0400
From: Shad Henderson <shenderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Bipolar coil question

Hi All,

I'm having a brain fade, and can't jog the information loose in there.

I'm in the process of building a small bipolar coil (to replace my
testbed that went up in smoke), and I can't remember...

Do I calculate Fres of the secondary as a whole (IE, lump both topload
C's together and do it as one secondary), or do I calculate it as two
separate coils, with the center point to the ends as the length of each
coil?

I forget, and I'm at work, so I can't simply throw my signal generator
on it to see.

Thanks!

Shad H.