Re: Spark gaps (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 22:37:24 -0400
From: Scott Bogard <teslas-intern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Spark gaps (fwd)

Matthew,
     If the thought of using "machined" G10 scares you a little (I don't
have machines, so I find it scary myself) consider building a propeller gap,
like these.
http://www.tb3.com/tesla/sparkgaps/index.html
These are the type of gaps I use, and the only machine I need is a drill and
a saw (no lathes or mills).  They work good for me, and should also work
good for you (although I have never tested the two side by side).  Either
way, no static gap is ever going to be as good for handling high power as a
really well made rotary (I got huge increases when I switched, despite the
fact I also greatly reduced my power input.  I should also mention my rotary
is not perfect, and it still works far better than all the other gaps I
tried).  Good luck.
Scott Bogard.

>From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
>To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: Spark gaps (fwd)
>Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 20:08:04 -0600 (MDT)

Tease your brain--play Clink! Win cool prizes!