TESLA'S WIRELESS TRANSMISSION SCHEME (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 15:19:24 -0700
From: Ed Phillips <evp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: TESLA'S WIRELESS TRANSMISSION SCHEME

     Chip seems to be somewhat tolerant on subject matter these days,
perhaps because things are in the summer doldroms.  I'd like to take
advantage of that to float a few questions which I can't remember seeing
addressed much here.

1. Tesla's patents specifically state that he planned to conduct power
via a two-conductor system, the excited upper layer (he wrote that it
would be as conductive as a copper wire)  and the ground return
circuit.  He mentions this often over the years.  Question:  How can any
experiments not involving conduction of  the ionized "upper layer" [not
the gas in an evacuated tube with which he started out] be considered
the "Tesla system"?  In other words, how could his experiments be scaled
down to something manageable?

2. Where do Tesla's "longitudinal waves" fit into this system?  What are
their supposed properties and how could one distinguish them from other
means of propagation?  Dave once wrote that he'd explained this but I
can't find what he wrote and sure don't remember it.

Ed