neon rings around secondary?

Original poster: "Brett Hays" <bretth@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I just saw a music video which gave me an idea for the coil we run in the Frankenstein section of our haunted house each year.

I realize that all of the HV effects in this video are computer generated, but I am wondering if I could do something similar. I have a number of the neon rings that kids put around the woofers in speaker boxes. I know how to make them cycle, etc.

If I put them around the secondary on the coil would they be instantly fried, or is this possible.

BTW, the effect I am talking about starts a little past 1:00 into the video.

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nogE0KdG5M8>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nogE0KdG5M8