Re: Equi-drive vs. standard drive, was SGTC

Original poster: FIFTYGUY@xxxxxxx In a message dated 4/28/07 7:51:20 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
>I did various comparisons of case 2 and case 3.  There was no
>measureable difference in performance.  I also don't see why
>there should be any difference.

Hull emphasized what Tesla had said, that it was mandatory to get the two caps absolutely identical. Once that was taken care of, the results were apparently worth the trouble.

> Case 3 definitely tended to leave >dangerous charges on the primary caps. I think it's because
>of the inductive primary being situated (floating) between the two caps.

But once the power is off, primary reactance should be unimportant. The primary should just look like a dead short to the caps. The secondary of the transformer should complete the circuit, and provide a bleed-down resistance. Still don't see why *could* matter, but I'm glad to see that you've done experiments that show it doesn't affect performance significantly (at least for small/medium coils?)

-Phil LaBudde

See what's free at <http://www.aol.com?ncid=AOLAOF00020000000503>AOL.com.