Re: What size secondary?

Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx In a message dated 4/19/07 4:25:16 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
Original poster: "stephen costanza" <baywatch106@xxxxxxx>

I have a 12000 60ma NST,will be using the cd 942's and 24ga magnet
wire. What size secondary should I use? I've been looking  and some
people are using 4" pvc and some are using 6'' pvc diameter .
I orginally was planning using 4" pvc with a toilet flange to support
the secondary.
Any ideas on what size is best? I

Hi Stephan,

There is no "best". A 4" coil is adequate, but 6" allows for upping power levels later. The 6" fittings are more expensive than 4" and a 6" coil is heavier. A 4' coil works better if you have a low ceiling in your work area, while a 6" looks more macho outdoors but requires a bigger toroid to "look right". All Tesla coils are a balancing act between power, weight, cost, and appearance as well as a balance between capacitance, inductance and resistance.

Matt D.

See what's free at <http://www.aol.com?ncid=AOLAOF00020000000503>AOL.com.