Re: Colorado Springs

Original poster: "resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

The 40 meter spark from Tesla's Co. Springs lab was a myth perpetuated by J.J. Oneil's book on Tesla. It was published as a "133 ft long spark eminating from the elevated 3 ft. dia. copper sphere", however, this was not the case. The longest spark was around 36-38 ft. according to Richard Hull's analysis.

Dr. Resonance

Is my memory faulty (always a possibility), or did I not read that Tesla's Colorado Springs coil went to 40 *meters* in spark length (not 40 *feet*) the night he also burned up the C. Springs town generator?

For example, in "Tesla" (Cheney & Uth, Barnes & Noble, 1999), pp.89, "Bolts of man-made lightning more than a hundred feet in length shot out from the mast atop the station. The commotion could be heard in the mining town of Cripple Creek, fifteen miles away." I've read many other accounts of this event.