Re: Herrick's s.s. progress & woes

Original poster: Brett Miller <brmtesla2@xxxxxxxxx>

> Original poster: Ken or Doris Herrick
> <kchdlh@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> Brett (& all)-
>
> Good...perhaps this will start a colloquy!  (And I
> take no
> offense.)  I've looked back thru my CAD drawings to
> remind myself &
> see that I started coiling about 10 years ago.  But
> my fascination
> with Tesla coils started as far back as 1939, about
> the time I
> started seriously being a techno-nerd ("radio nut"
> at that time); and
> in the interim I've had way too much exposure to
> problems in design,
> debugging, troubleshooting and component
> failure--due to my own
> errors for the most part plus those of others.  So
> my view is
> somewhat jaundiced.
>
> My "too many parts" and "antenna" complaints stem
> from exasperations
> over the years--and not only with Tesla coils, of
> course.  So...onward, solid-staters, if you will;
> but be prepared for
> exasperations a-plenty!
>
> KCH

Ken,

My point was that many have had very excellent success
with their first forays into solid state, and not
everyone has been met with back to back frustration.
Some people's first solid state tesla coils have
worked first throw of the switch.

If you are considering attempting a solid state TC
project, don't let anyone else's frustration dissuade
you.

-Brett