Re: Colorado Springs

Original poster: FutureT@xxxxxxx In a message dated 4/16/07 8:29:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Hi John,

Yes, I remember reading about Golka building that
massive coil in an old airport hangar in some place
like Wendover, UT, I believe? Of course Mr. Golka
also did not built it from his personal funds either, but
rather obtained some substantial government funding to
take on that project. He was supposed to be studying
and experimenting with wirelsee power transmission
with this project, wasn't he?

David

David,

Yes, I heard that other folks or groups contributed materials and
money for the project (I'm not an authority about
the project or details however). The city gave him a break on the
cost of the hangar ($1/month?).  Golka began those experiments
in Colorado, then moved to Wendover.  But in Wendover
the system never worked as well as in Colorado.  In Wendover
he was using different power transformers, etc.  There was
speculation about rebar in the floor causing problems, and
other speculations.  Various arrangments of the transformers
were tried but results remained disappointing in Wendover.
One of Golka's goals was to try to produce ball lightning.
I'm not sure if he had other goals for the project.  It think
the project was named, "Project Tesla".

John

See what's free at http://www.aol.com.