RE: Oil Dielectric Properties

Original poster: Mike <megavolts61@xxxxxxxxx>

Original poster: "Breneman, Chris" <brenemanc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I'm not sure if ice will conduct electricity, but even if it doesn't,
the key issue would be to keep it ice.  Any melting would result in
some conductive path, so it would have to be kept under a low
temperature, requiring more power and complexity.  I don't think this
would be worthwhile unless ice had amazingly superior dielectric
properties.

Chris

Maybe we should have consulted Kurt Vonnegut and tried Ice-9 as a dielectric....It doesn't melt until it get to something like 114º

Check out <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48245/*http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html;_ylc=X3oDMTE1YW1jcXJ2BF9TAzk3MTA3MDc2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFncwRzbGsDbmV3LWNhcnM->new cars at Yahoo! Autos.