To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2007 7:23 PM
Subject: Re: Plasma ball

Original poster: "resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

The power supplies usually "sweep" a range of 18 to 32 kHz as opposed to a fix frequency Tesla coil. Our power supplies run 18 to 32 kHz, provide 7.5 to 9.5 kV Erms (equivalent), and usually run at 50-75 Watts depending on the globe size. Many of the inexpensive novelty store globe power supplies do not sweep. This makes the display less interesting.

Dr. Resonance

I was just wondering, how different is a plasma ball that you buy from a novelty store compared to a Tesla coil?