Re: A real quarter wave TC ?

Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx
Hi Skip,

FWIW, no one on the list has yet been able to detect any improvement in performance from wire length = 1/4 wavelength. It seems that what holds for a straight antenna element doesn't apply when you bend it back on itself many times (eg making it into a coil). You might want to search the archives for this (often heated) subject. Of course, your results may vary, and you may notice something that no one else has.

Good Luck,

Matt D.