Re: Homemade Caps are a Health Risk?

Original poster: "Jon Danniken" <danniken@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Original poster: "Dave Halliday" This has morphed into a rant <grin> but I see people who say that they
cannot afford something but when in reality, they could mow lawns, wash
cars, do anything and within a few weeks have the extra cash to get what
they need -- spending the same time they would be spending piddling away
their efforts trying to cobble together something that will be a guaranteed
boat anchor.

I probably won't build another glass plate or bottle cap for my TCs, but when I did so I got a hands on perspective of the most fundamental nature. Such a perspective is impossible to get as someone who just buys parts and puts them together according to instructions.

Sure, it isn't the easiest way, and it can take a lot of time to "tool up" to a point at which you make your own components, but IMHO the reward is more than worth it.

Jon