To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2006 12:40 PM
Subject: Egg of Columbus

Original poster: Gomez Addams <gomezaddams@xxxxxxxxx>

I realize this is a wee bit off-topic for the list, but if someone
who understands the question thoroughly would reply to me off-list,
I've very much appreciate it.

I'm curious about the "Egg of Columbus".  If the windings are on a
toroidal form, wouldn't most of the magnetic field be enclosed?  Does
the thing work solely on "leaking" magnetic field?  And if so, isn't
that awfully inefficient?  What am I missing?

 - Bill "Gomez" Lemieux