RE: 2006 Midwest Cheesehead Teslathon, Sprang reactor

-----Original Message-----
From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2006 4:32 PM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: 2006 Midwest Cheesehead Teslathon

Original poster: "D.C. Cox" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi Dr R,

Sorry I had to miss the Thon this year. Big Bruiser was down, having
technical difficulties (Gap controller I think) last year when I got there,
but the Blue coil was great. So I missed it again!

I just wanted to remind you I have a 480V, 42amp professional satuarable
reactor that is brand new in a Nema outdoor case (>20KVA). It only takes
90volts DC @ 2amps to saturate it. Maybe you could use it for "fine
adjustments" with your present one. Horse trading??

A very big "thank you" to all those who attended and helped out with
our Midwest Cheesehead Teslathon.
<clip>

Special thanks to Sean Taylor who dangled from the forklift like Tom
Cruise stealing gems hanging from overhead cables.  Sean helped
install and remove the 10 ft. dia. toroid atop Big Bruiser.

<clip>

Big Bruiser ran at 85% power with awesome white hot sparks dancing
off the 10 ft. dia. toroid (0.3 uF pri cap size).  Hope to get the
power reactor rewound so we can run the full 125 Amps at 240 VAC
input next year for even longer sparks.  30 kVA up from 20 kVA (this
year) should look even more spectacular.

Email me off list and I'll send my cell # if your interested.

Maybe I'll see Big Bruiser next year!
Jim Mora

Dr. Resonance