Re: FCC Regulations

At 05:15 PM 9/10/2006, you wrote:
Original poster: "C. Sibley" <a37chevy@xxxxxxxxx>

Are there any FCC regulations that apply to our hobby? I imagine that the larger coils produce a fiar amount of interference. Thoughts?

Curt.
This comes up periodically, and there has been a fair amount of discussion in the archives on it..

Quick takeaway...

1) You're what's called an "unintentional radiator" (i.e. you don't intend to be transmitting RF) 1a) TCs aren't particularly good at radiating (very short antenna for the frequency)

2) The odds of you meeting one of the part 15 exemptions (battery power, frequency <9kHz, etc.) is vanishingly small, so you're technically regulated.

3) Rely on the "if you don't interfere with anyone, and nobody complains, you're in the clear" strategy

If you are contemplating selling TCs as a business, or making lots of them to give away, etc., then you need to do some research.