Re: Questions??

Thanks Dave,

But I'm using Firefox. Just plain Jane Microsoft operating systems. There is a registry setting which can be used to increase the time as well, but I've upgrade the OS and never went back and changed it. Netscape's (Mozilla) files also have settings in their, however, I've never been successful with them. The end user in general is stuck with the annoyance message, and I just like first time users to understand that particular situation.

Thanks again. Maybe someone here using Firefox will benefit from that info.

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: David Speck <Dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Bart,

If you are using Firefox v. 1.5.0.6, you can type

about:config

into the address bar, and if you type "time" into the filter field, you will see a number of preference entries, one of which is:

dom.max_script_run_time

which is set to 5 seconds by default.
You can change the value to 60 to 80 seconds to eliminated the multiple cancellation windows.

HTH,
Dave

The main quirk is "waiting" for results. Browsers will always pop an alert (the script is causing the browser to run slow. Do you want to cancel?"). Always say "No, I don't want to cancel". This annoyance is "not" the program, but the browser itself. Only Microsoft (or whichever browser) can stop that message alert. That means, we are stuck with it. I "highly" recommend Internet Explorer 6 or higher. Netscape sucks for document object handling (that stupid message will pop up 10 times in a simple run, where Internet Explore is usually just once).