Re: Questions??

Original poster: acmq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Original poster: jhowson4@xxxxxxxxxxx
>

> When I have the transformer connected to just the spark gap I can
> pull an arch of about 1 inch.
> And even when the gap is slightly working with all 20 (6000volt 0.015
> caps) in series there is hardly any noise and that way I can pull a
> gap of about 4mm. I can get about 3mm if I use a tin foil glass cap
> that I made.
> Just the transformer and gap without capacitors makes more noise than
> when it is connected right.

Capacitors in series with the gap and transformer output? The capacitors,
with the primary coil in series with them, shall be in parallel with the
gap and the transformer output. Or, in other words, the primary capacitor,
the primary coil, and the gap, must be connected in series, with the
output of the transformer connected in parallel with the gap.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz