Re: remote location of NSTs - away from coil base?

Original poster: Gomez Addams <gomezaddams@xxxxxxxxx>

On Sep 1, 2006, at 11:25 PM, Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "James Zimmerschied" <zimtesla@xxxxxxx>

Bill/Gomez
I have successfully run my 4" coil with a remote NST. The leads are
only about 5 ft long. I haven't had any problems with this set up.
I am using an old fashion LC filter + safety gap.

My friend Bob Svangren has built many coils and most of them have
the transformer remote from the coil. All are spectacular performers.

Thanks.  My instincts told me it shouldn't be a problem, but better
safe than sorry!