Re: High K lower pole tuning DRSSTC (fwd)

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmdq@xxxxxxxxxx>

Tesla list wrote:

That was my original idea with the DRSSTC, and I agree that it's
better in theory. In practice, however, I found that it didn't 'notch'
very well because the leaders throw everything out of whack. This
became harder and harder as K was lowered, so I eventually gave up and
used the lower pole.

The detuning problem due to streamer loading continue to exist. It's
not important to have exact notches. It's enough to have the input
current ceasing to grow, and this happens even with large changes in
the output load. You shall really tune the system with the driver
frequency set to somewhat below the ideal, because capacitive streamer
using the lower pole may be due to this.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz