Re: Model T ford HIGH VOLTAGE SPARK TESLA COIL POWER UNIT

Original poster: "Jack" <Jack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Thank you Billy and all,

I contacted that fellow yesterday . . . told him of my eBay experience with T-coils and if his indeed worked and on 6 v, would it produce a 3/4 inch spark. I will put a late bid in on this coil today.

My question:

"So I would like to bid on your coil, it is buzzing and producing a spark and if so Chris, are you able to get a 3/4 inch spark from it?"

His reply:

"Short answer YES.

Longer answer, It can be adjusted to make that much juice, takes about 8V though. You can adjust it for lower current at a higher voltage (lower duty cycle) or higher current but lower voltage (adjusted at resonance) this is preferred mode for these coils. If you want to use it for a tesla coil, a small smoothing choke should be put in series with the HV out terminal otherwise rf will back up into it and burn out the secondary after a few minutes or so."

For those of you who have seen the T-coil TC plans posted by Curt, that suggestion of a choke may be a great one. Any thoughts?

Jack
Hilo