Re: New project

Hi Dave,

Four inches dia. is a 5cm coil radius. At 3MV/m radius, that is only 150kV!! But the top terminal and all can shroud or shield that to mess with the fields to make it far better.

But there is a limit there of about roughly say 250kV... For "small" coils in the less than 500W range, "I think" 4 inches is fine. But for 500W+ coils one should go to 6 or eight inches... IMHO...

It all depends on "a LOT"...  But "bigger is safer than smaller"...

I suspect your voltage is lower, but your input power is high to drive longer arcs... Higher BPS is "good" there ;-))

So, I think your are driving lower voltages at higher BPS and proportionably higher power to reach out.

Cheers,

        Terry