Re: secoundary wire size

Hi John,

Your coil will work perfectly fine!! I like # 24 for spark gap coils and #28 for solid-state stuff. (it's been about two years since I have even run a spark gap coil now =:O) But as long as your coil is not wildly out of the norm, it will be just fine. Don't worry at all about little air gaps.

You should spray it with clear polyurethane or something just to "lock" the windings in place unless you are going to do that anyway.

Cheers,

        Terry