Re: The Egg Works - Well, Almost

Original poster: Finn Hammer <f-h@xxxx>

It just strikes me that you are restrained by create the circulating field from a 1 phase supply. so this negates the suggesion to use 3 coils. However, I wonder wether the core might beneficially be cut into 4 parts, separated by an air gap, to let out flux. In that case you could probably wind the coils to have enough inductance, so that they can sit acrocc the phases without drawing more than a couple of amps.

Cheers, Finn hammer

Tesla list skrev:
Original poster: "Cameron B. Prince" <cplists@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Bart,

I intentionally made the video the lowest quality, and it certainly is low.
I'll make a better one when I return from NYC. Thanks for your ideas on
balancing the egg.

I am actually taking the egg with me to try on Harry's machine. Hopefully
this will tell me if it's a balance problem or a field strength issue.

I plan to speak to the Corum brothers about the winding of the core as well
to see if they can give me some pointers. I am concerned about dropping the
wire size to accommodate more windings because the setup draws close to 20A
now with 12AWG. I know that more wire will increase resistance which may
reduce current draw, but is it enough to prevent overheating the windings of
smaller wire?

Hopefully I know more when I return.

Thanks,
Cameron