Re: wintesla vs teslamap

Original poster: "resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Why not take a few measurements? Most local tech colleges with Electronics courses and any university would have a cap meter that could measure it for you. Use local resources to help gather the data you need.

Dr. Resonance

At this point, I dont even have the wire for the secondary, and it may be more like 18-20 inches, depending on how that works out. and of course it would need more turns when/if I get a toroid, so I was thinking maybe 18, or even 20 turns. I am also guessing at the cap, its just a bunch of bottles. They are 20 oz bottles, a bit bigger than the typpical beer bottles, so I calculated that they should be close to 1000pf or as coilers call it 1nf. I am attempting to get this coil built with almost no measuring equipment, so far Iv barely used a ruler! :) I may have to take my cap to my old job to get it measured, that will definalely help the math. Thanks to ALL for the generous help and info!