primary coil material / design

Original poster: John <guipenguin@xxxxxxxxx>

Hello I am in the middle of building my first coil. I am going to be using a 4" diameter for the increased inductance.

I see everyone uses copper refrigerator tubing.... but is there any reason (Besides being hard to tune!) to use something like this: <http://img82.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dcfc0002ud6.jpg>http://img82.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dcfc0002ud6.jpg

I made that test coil just for this email, it isn't enough turns, but its just for demo. Why would this be a bad choice?

Thanks,

     John.