Re: Question about capacitors for coil

Original poster: John <guipenguin@xxxxxxxxx>

Thanks Dr. Resonance.

I have been debiting what size diameter secondary I should use with my coil before I goto the hardware store and grab some pvc. 4" by 26" seems a bit large for where I wanted to start. What would be a good size diameter for this transformer? I have read a lot about different people's opinions on hight/diameter ratios...but I'm not sure what diameter to start. I was thinking 2" diameter at less then 12 in hight...but this may be way to small for decent spark length....