Re: Information Unlimited BTC30 coil

Original poster: Davetracer@xxxxxxx In a message dated 11/24/2006 12:32:12 PM Mountain Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
> [...]

A while back I sent off for info from "Information Unlimited". This was part of gathering information for an article about a certain magazine and what you got if you sent a bit of money to its advertisers. Anyway.

At the time I was building disk controllers for floppy disk drives, and sent for information on same. My personal opinion is that the information was quite poorly done, very disorganized, and nearly incoherent. I don't see how anything I received would have helped someone starting off to learn anything about floppies. My opinion was that it was the bare minimum to stay on the "well, we sent something and it looks technical" side of the mail-order law.

I don't know anything about their Tesla Coils, but based off my previous experience, I would be very leery.

    -- thanks,

    Dave Small