Re: Non Resonant DC charging

Not a typo. It is clearly marked on the Raytheon schematic. I have'nt opened
the tank to see it yet, but I will to sample the oil and remove the filament
transformer. And hopefully have room for my puck diodes. I have no way to
measure it other than maybe taking a known capacitor and resonating it and
and extracting the inductance from the res freq.

Jim Mora"

Not at all an unreasonable inductance for a charging choke for a radar pulse forming network. All depends on the operating voltage and capacitance of the PFN. I have a 600 henry charging choke from an old Hughes radar which ran about 500 watts input (250 kW output at 0.001 duty). It's about a 4" cube and weighs around 10 pounds or a bit less.
The charging voltage was probably around 7000 but I can't remember.

Ed