Re: Coating the SISG PIRANHA secondary

Original poster: Davetracer@xxxxxxx

Terry, I read your description of coating your secondary, and I got to thinking.

I was by Home Depot ("The choice of Tesla Coilers") the other day, and they have a variety of materials, including various plastics. I happen to know from direct experience that some of the 1/8" plastics hold up pretty well as capacitors under a 12 Kv transformer.

What I'm wondering is this: If a more malleable plastic was used, and rolled right onto the secondary, it could easily form 1/2 an inch or an inch of insulation. It could also be glued along the way, forming a pretty solid chunk of plastic.

The question is: Would this do any good whatsoever?

    Just a suggestion to toss into the pool.

    -- thanks,

    Dave Small