Re: series of transformers for high voltage?

Original poster: G Hunter <dogbrain_39560@xxxxxxxxx>

Theoretically, transformers can be cascaded in this
fashion to obtain higher voltage.  Practically, this
is not a good approach.  If you wish to obtain higher
voltage using a number of lower voltage transformers,
it is more practical to wire all the primaries in
parallel, and all the secondaries in series. If the
transformers are in phase, their secondary voltages
will add up.

Do you have your hands on transformers right now, or
are you simply studying transformer theory? What are
you trying to do?

Cheers,

Greg