Re: (Fwd) bleeder resistors used with MMC

Original poster: "resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I agree. The Vishay VR-37 series are also pulse rated which works well in this application. A bit tougher.

Dr. Resonance

I thought Terry had tested the Phillips/Vishay VR37 resistors (1/2 Watt
series rated at 3500 VDC), but he actually tested the Yageo 1/2W carbon film
resistors, which are "rated" at only 350 volts maximumum working voltage/700
volts maximum overload voltage.

Since the VR37 resistors are easy to get, cost only a few cents more than
the basic carbon film resistors, and have almost 5X the working voltage
rating, I use them exclusively in my MMC arrays.