Re: Racing Spark Prediction

Hi Paul,

What measurements do you have in mind and what type and quality equipment is needed for the measurement. I have an older 3.75x18 inch coil I wouldnt mind sacraficing for the cause (I actually did get racing sparks on this one with a 30 degree inverted conical primary). I might be able to get access to HP's test range and equipment if needed. I also suspect that racing sparks can be induced a number of different ways, so you may want to focus on a few specific ways for the measurement.

Gerry R.

Original poster: Paul Nicholson <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Guys, we are running out of things to say on this topic. Most of
these points have been stated before. We are stalled, needing
some measurements of coils near to producing racing arcs so we
can actually see what signals are present and at what level.
I feel that lurking in this topic is something new and useful
waiting to be discovered, hidden not too deep - and we have the
technology too!  We 'theorists' can only speculate ad nauseum
until this ball returns from the experimenter's court.