Re: sebpt coil

Hi Tim,

Here's a pic of Kurts induction coil.
http://www.classictesla.com/seibt/Dscn1769b.jpg

I don't have any details other that what you see. I believe Kurt mentioned it was capable of 12 cm needle point sparks. Kurt mentioned the Seibt really seems to love being driven with a fairly high voltage. The induction coil is not the only means of generating the 50 kv. Back when I was actually building the Seibt, I started some internet research on induction coils, but I didn't finish. I still have that to do. I don't have a complete understanding of the build other than the picture of Kurts coil and what I've read on the Internet (so long ago, I don't remember the details).

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: Tim S <stm800@xxxxxxxxxxx>

are there any close pics or design notes of the induction coil itself?
that generates the 40-50 kv.

thanks  tim