RE: NEW? CDE caps

Hi Terry, et al,

I have around 150 of the old style CDE's .15uf in two full boxes. My present
8" works fine with a Hodge Padge of Panasonic, CDE's, and a couple of
Maxwells. They are arranged so that the current to the banks is not a mile
off.

I would like to buy 50-100 of the old style CDE's so all things are equal in
my new 12.5" coil. This will be my last disruptive coil with a fair amount
of effort and $. Soon I will be going out to the Primadonna at State Line
Nevada to coat the coil form.

It would be nice to find a vintage crop of about (100) 942c20p15k (do they
have a new run number?).

My plan will be to run 15x5 banks per layer @ 24KV peak. Is that enough per
string do you suppose to hold off that voltage (double is good)?

This will be the DC power three phase with bio/diesel power on a trailer.
Building the generator has been a pain. I have three now :-) (2 are single
phase diesels) good for the "BIG ONE".

I would love to have one or two of Dr. R's single end Maxwell's. But I think
the CDE's will do the job with the advantage of easy reconfiguration.

Healthy Streamers,
Jim Mora
Ojai, Ca.