Re: Pole Pigs

Original poster: FIFTYGUY@xxxxxxx In a message dated 5/10/06 9:11:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Original poster: "Daniel Seidel" <dfseidel@xxxxxxx>

>Anyone got some leads for locating a pole pig in
>South Louisiana? --Slemco (my local power supplier)
>is paranoid about getting rid of 'em.  Thanks.

    Hi, Dan!

    Imagine seeing you here! Small world...

I bought my pig from Dr. Cox at Resonance Research. Probably any way you go about it you'll end up paying about the same: a used pig from Dr. Cox is cheaper, but shipping can be a killer. Buying a refurbished unit from a dealer closer to you will be more expensive, but will save you some on shipping. I was happy with Dr. Cox's service, and the quality of the pig I got from him. I'd expect down your way there'd be a "pig graveyard" from Katrina. If you find any used ones local, pop the lid and check for water in the bottom of the can (under the oil). :)

<http://www.resonanceresearch.com>www.resonanceresearch.com

There's some pigs sitting around close to me that I could probably have for free, but they're all 4kV or less, and most are bigger (25kVA).

-Phil LaBudde