Re: 1/4 wave transmitter

Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx In a message dated 5/7/06 3:38:17 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
Original poster: "Gary Peterson" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

>Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx

>. . . myth . . . that the wire must be exactly 1/4  wavelength for
>maximum efficiency.  Tesla made such an assertion during his early
>research in the 1890's. . . .

Matt,

This sounds like an old oscillation of memory that needs to be
refreshed. Can you provide a title and page number where Tesla's own
words to this effect can be read?

Gary

Hi Gary,

I'm still looking for the original text. There is a secondary reference here:

"Nikola Tesla: Lecture Before the New York Academy of Sciences - April 6, 1897"
Leland Anderson, editor - TFC Books Breckenridge, Co. 1997, pg 15 para 3.

Although my filing system is based on the LaBrea Tar Pits, I'll keep looking as time permits.

Matt D.