Re: physics of wireless transmission?

Original poster: <davep@xxxxxxxx>

> Hello, I am just curious on the physics of how electrical energy is
> transmitted wirelessly.
   There are many answers.
   Some answers work, every day, giving us radio, tv, cell phone, etc...
   Some invoke other mechanisms, which, so far, have produced
   nothing reproducible, tho some will feel otherwise.

> Is it like the propagation of electromagnetic radiation like radio
> transmission
   All the 'succesful' reproducible, usable, methods are 'radio' to
   use a common label.  Tho again, other views will be had.
   'radio' methods move small amounts of energy, with little
   efficiency, except for some special cases.  These are not
   usable for 'broadcast power'.

> or is it not waves at all?
    cf as above.

> Are there any sites out there that would be helpful towards this
> inquiry?
   'There are many sites, which say many things.'
    It can be 'challenging' to determine which are accurate.

> It would be great to figure out how tesla coils do  what they
> do,
    What is it that they 'do'?

    (hint:
     All the Tesla Coil based 'transmission of energy' is nicely
     accounted for by 'standard radio' theories as near as I
     can tell (tho, again, other views are held.).  'Tesla coils'
     can be handily explained as spark gap RF generators.
     (or Vacuum tube, or whatever...)

    best
     dwp