Re: Alluminum Sphere

Original poster: "J. Aaron Holmes" <jaholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Heheheh, glad to meet another builder of "Ikea
spheres" :-))  I bought two of the 14" model and had a
friend weld them for me:

(warning: large image)
http://silicon-arcana.com/TC1/1_BeforeAndDuring.jpg

This picture is with my little 3.5" coil, and the
breakout point seemed a necessary evil to avoid
breakout from the secondary windings.  I'm working on
a larger 8" coil now, and will probably use the sphere
in conjunction with a toroid.  We'll see.

Regards,
Aaron, N7OE