RE: No frills small Tesla coil

Original poster: "Mark Dunn" <mdunn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Peter:

If you just want to make a spark jump a flyback driver or ignition coil
driver will do the trick.  There are many websites that show these.

If you want an actual tesla coil set-up that is small, then the
frequency will be quite high.  I built a 12 volt battery powered unit to
take to my kids school that resonates at 2 mHz(That's mHz not kHz).  It
uses twin coils to eliminate the need for an RF ground.

It charges with (4) TV flybacks.  See the mini coil at
www.teslaboys.com. My unit has a rotary spark gap and is DC based.
There are a number of SSTC designs that others on this list have done
which are much more elegant than my setup.  Contact me off-list if you
want more details on my unit.

Mark