Re: Aluminum Sphere for sale

Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx
Hi Gary, All,

Based on your description, you are not selling spheres - you are selling ellipsoidal toploads. IMO, accurate descriptions enhance the chances of selling items. While I am pretty sure this is just sloppy use of terminology, some folks are reluctant to buy from someone who appears not to know what they're really selling.

Sphere: a 3-dimensional object bounded by a surface consisting of all points at a given distance from its center. All plane sections are circles.

Ellipsoid: a 3-dimensional object generated by rotating an ellipse about its major or minor axis. All plane sections are ellipses.

Hope this helps,

Matt D.