Re: MOT Wiring

Original poster: coils@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tesla list
> Original poster: "MIKE HARDY" <MHARDY@xxxxxxxxxx>
>

> a low input 10V in yields 600V out. I removed the wires on the outer 2 MOT
> cores. I was wondering, the wires are still very close to the cores, is
> this
> a problem?

Hi Mike,

the short Hv leads close to the core could be a problem under full
voltage.  I arranged my 6 pack so those two wires were the output legs, I
soldered on new leads, then pushed on some heat shrink, then move the wire
away from the core as much as possible, and then packed it with a two part
putty epoxy to isulate and hold it away from the (UNgrounded and isolated)
core.

Is your primary 120 or 240?  If it is 240, then you should have a nice
15KV unit.  Did you knock out the shunts in the transformers?

-Thad