Re: Phase shifter problems

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>

What size is the motor? My 3,600 rpm 120 volt 1/2 hp
motor takes around 220 uF (iirc) to get the
appropriate voltage rise. Try looking around for old
air conditioners or refrigerators to get lots of 440
vac caps in a variety of sizes. Check with big
appliance repair shops, salvage yards, etc. Helps to
"dial in" the right value. I have from as small as 2
to as big as 45 uF.

Adam